Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Krishnendu Kunti <Kr...@infosys.com> on 2004/10/12 15:35:02 UTC

Sandesha --(advise needed)

Hi Jaliya

I have created class that opens connection to database (reading some
user defined URL, PWD, USERNAME and DRIVER MANEGER-at present I gave
these values in the Constants class), maintains connection pool and
stores a set of prepared statements which will be used by all the
clients. This class needs to be in memory (runnig ) as the connections,
prepared statements will be initiated only at the startup.

Is the ServerQueue class package, "org.apache.sandesha.server.queue"
persisted across two distinct client calls , if yes then can I assume
that my class will be also persisted once it is deployed. If no then how
to persist/ (something like deamon) for the purpose of maintaining the
connection pools, prepared statements.

Is there any class which takes care of running deamons, so that I might
start this class along with it.

Regads
Krish

A man with a dream will not be denied

Krishnendu Kunti

SETLABS, Infosys Technologies LTD
Bangalore, India
Fax: +91 80 51102520
Mobile: 9886375255

RE: Sandesha --(advise needed)

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Krishnendu,

The ServerQueue is persisted only until we get an acknowledgement from the
Server.

If the messages from the fist call are not acknowledged, then the messages
will be persisted.

org.apache.sandesha.server.ServerStorageManager and the
org,apache,sandesha,client.ClientStorageManager will be used to get the
singleton queue from any place in Sandesha

For example, if the client invokes a web service 3 times, then until all of
them get acknowledged, the messages will be persisted in the queue.

But if we just started that client again, then we have a separate queue and
have no connection to the earlier messages.

We can have a daemon to keep the connection, but the problem is that how we
can get hold of the queue inside Sandesha class, as they are run in two
separate JVMs.

If we just use a separately running queue and let the Sandesha classes to
store messages using some sort of messaging mechanism (say socket
connection) then we have to make sure the reliability of that connection
itself.

For client side I don't think we need to persist messages for different
client sessions. However this will be the opposite for the server, where it
keeps all the messages from all the clients until we have terminate these
sequences and also the details of the processed messages until we reach a
sequence expiration time.

Please refer to the WS-RelibaleMessaging sepc;
<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-rm/>
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-rm/

Thanks,

Jaliya Ekanayake

  _____

RE: Sandesha --(advise needed)

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Few more ideas for you..

In current Sandesha architecture the idea was to make both queue and
database options available (queue may be used when there is no database
available). So writing a database code in the ServerQueue class will not be
good. What we should do is implementing the class IServerDAO (or fill
ServerDatabaseDAO).

So if you can have an implementation for each function of IServerDAO then
the storing happens in a database. To keep the database connection we can
use some static variables in ServerDatabaseDAO. And also an init() method
can be added to IServerDAO for initiation purposes.

Thanks,

Jaliya and Chamikara

  _____