Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/05/21 14:45:25 UTC

Straggling release updates

On Tuesday I added 10.6.1.0 to Derby's rdf descriptor on our website
(doap_Derby.rdfs). According to the release instructions, the release
manager is supposed to notify site-dev@apache.org if the changes don't
appear at http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html after a couple
days. They didn't so I did. We may want to nudge site-dev again after a
decent interval.

In addition, although the maven artifacts promptly sync'd to the apache
repository ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/ ), the
artifacts still haven't turned up at the external aggregator site
mentioned in our maven instructions (
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.derby ). I don't think any
further action from us is required.

Please let me know if you think we should pursue these stragglers more
aggressively, and if so how.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Straggling release updates

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> On 21.05.2010 14:45, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> On Tuesday I added 10.6.1.0 to Derby's rdf descriptor on our website
>> (doap_Derby.rdfs). According to the release instructions, the release
>> manager is supposed to notify site-dev@apache.org if the changes
>> don't appear at http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html after
>> a couple days. They didn't so I did. We may want to nudge site-dev
>> again after a decent interval.
>>
>> In addition, although the maven artifacts promptly sync'd to the
>> apache repository ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/
>> ), the artifacts still haven't turned up at the external aggregator
>> site mentioned in our maven instructions (
>> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.derby ). I don't think
>> any further action from us is required.
>
> Hi Rick,
>
> Correct, no further action from us is required regarding the Maven
> artifacts.
> I don't know how often that site is updated, but the 10.6.1.0
> artifacts have now appeared.
Thanks, Kristian. I have updated the maven and release instructions to
note how long it took for the artifacts to propagate to the external
repository.

Cheers,
-Rick

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
On 21.05.2010 14:45, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> On Tuesday I added 10.6.1.0 to Derby's rdf descriptor on our website
> (doap_Derby.rdfs). According to the release instructions, the release
> manager is supposed to notify site-dev@apache.org if the changes don't
> appear at http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html after a
> couple days. They didn't so I did. We may want to nudge site-dev again
> after a decent interval.
>
> In addition, although the maven artifacts promptly sync'd to the
> apache repository ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/ ),
> the artifacts still haven't turned up at the external aggregator site
> mentioned in our maven instructions (
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.derby ). I don't think
> any further action from us is required.

Hi Rick,

Correct, no further action from us is required regarding the Maven
artifacts.
I don't know how often that site is updated, but the 10.6.1.0 artifacts
have now appeared.

Kristian