Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by JOHN R BLACKMORE <JB...@ATPCO.NET> on 2002/06/11 20:51:00 UTC

Can't Get PHP To Compile With Apache

Hello Apache Gurus!

I am trying to compile php4 w/ apache:

   ./configure --with-apache=../apache

and I get the following msg:

Invalid Apache Directory - unable to find httpd.h under
/usr/local/apache or any other path that httpd.h resides
in(several).

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Re: Can't Get PHP To Compile With Apache

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org>.
Did you read the INSTALL file that comes with PHP?  You are trying to
build PHP as a static module.  To build a DSO use --with-apxs instead of
--with-apache.  If you really do want to build the static module version
of PHP, then use --with-apache=/some/dir where /some/dir contains the
Apache source files (from that Apache distribution tarball).  Don't forget
to run configure in the Apache source dir first.  But, all this is of
course in the PHP installation documentation.

-Rasmus