Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by marcus presley <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/12 18:56:49 UTC

Tcnative.dll apr-1.5.2-win32-src - unable to compile with openssl-1.0.2j-fips-x86_64

Forum,

I have been unsuccessful, trying to compile 'tcnative.dll' with Visual Studio 2015.

I have used several online forums including the instructions on Apache website (https://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi).

I have been able to compile openssl-1.0.2j with FIPS, but I receive LNK Error when the tcnative.dll is being copiled.

Marcus

Apache Tomcat® - Tomcat Native Downloads<https://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi>
tomcat.apache.org
Use the links below to download the Apache Tomcat ® Native software from one of our mirrors. You must verify the integrity of the downloaded files using ...

Thanks,

Marcus J. Presley

Re: Tcnative.dll apr-1.5.2-win32-src - unable to compile with openssl-1.0.2j-fips-x86_64

Posted by marcus presley <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, the path is correct.  I made sure there were no spaces in path.  Also, what are the files that should be in 'msvc' directory?

Marcus

________________________________
Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Marcus,

On 1/19/17 4:30 PM, marcus presley wrote:
> I'm able to compile FIPS as DLL's

You mean APR and OpenSSL, right? Good.

> but when attempting to compile and make tcnative.dll, I receive an
> error during compilation:
>
> =======================================
>
> libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot
> read at 0x390
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: c:\cmsc\msvc\bin\amd64\link.exe : return
> code '0x453'
>
> Stop.

Hmm. I'm sorry, I've got very little experience with Microsoft's
toolchain.

I suspect that libeay32.dll isn't the library you should be linking
against... instead it should be either openssl.dll or libopenssl.dll.
Also remember to build as a shared library. Perhaps you are trying to
build a statically-linked library and it's trying to use the
shared-libraries for that purpose. That won't work, of course, and you
don't want to statically-link, anyway. (I don't think!).

- -chris

Posted by marcus presley <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Chris,

I'm able to compile FIPS as DLL's, but when attempting to compile and make tcnative.dll, I receive an error during compilation:

=======================================

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by David Oswell <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by marcus presley <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by marcus presley <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Coty

I'm trying build tomcat-native 1.2.x.

I have attached the error log I'm receiving from Visual Studio 2015.

Marcu

Can you provide the output of the failure so that we can see what's
happening? And are you trying to build tomcat-native 1.2.x or 1.1.x?

Posted by Coty Sutherland <cs...@redhat.com>.