Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Werner, Mark" <Ma...@unisys.com> on 2018/06/21 08:11:42 UTC

Migrating workloads into CloudStack

Hi,

If  using one of the several popular migration/replication software tools
available to migrate workloads into a CloudStack managed cloud
infrastructure what CloudStack API commands does the migration/replication
software tool require access to?

For example, if using a migration/replication software tool to migrate a
VMware vCenter managed VM running on an ESXi hypervisor into a CloudStack
managed cloud infrastructure, what CloudStack API commands would you (or the
migration/replication software tool) require access to and what type or
role, or what level of access, would you need?

Thank you,

Mark Werner | Senior Systems Engineer | Cloud & Infrastructure Services

Unisys | Mobile Phone 586.214.9017 |  <ma...@unisys.com>
mark.werner@unisys.com

11720 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA 20190

 <http://www.unisys.com/>

MATERIAL and is for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
attachments from all devices.

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/unisys>    <http://twitter.com/unisyscorp>
<https://plus.google.com/+UnisysCorp/posts>
<http://www.youtube.com/theunisyschannel>
<http://www.facebook.com/unisyscorp>  <https://vimeo.com/unisys>
<http://blogs.unisys.com/>

Re: Migrating workloads into CloudStack

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
We do it this way (as Dag mentioned) - but in general I would not advise DB
hacks unless tested 100+ times - on next upgrade you might face issues
while updating DB schema etc, though I do have a lot of experience with DB
manipulation, (un)fortunately :)

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrating workloads into CloudStack

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 22 June 2018 at 08:15
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Migrating workloads into CloudStack

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Werner, Mark <Ma...@unisys.com>> wrote:
Hi,

If  using one of the several popular migration/replication software tools available to migrate workloads into a CloudStack managed cloud infrastructure what CloudStack API commands does the migration/replication software tool require access to?

For example, if using a migration/replication software tool to migrate a VMware vCenter managed VM running on an ESXi hypervisor into a CloudStack managed cloud infrastructure, what CloudStack API commands would you (or the migration/replication software tool) require access to and what type or role, or what level of access, would you need?

Thank you,

Mark Werner | Senior Systems Engineer | Cloud & Infrastructure Services
Unisys | Mobile Phone 586.214.9017 | mark.werner@unisys.com<ma...@unisys.com>
11720 Plaza America Drive, Reston, VA 20190<https://maps.google.com/?q=11720+Plaza+America+Drive,+Reston,+VA+20190&entry=gmail&source=g>

[nisys_logo]<http://www.unisys.com/>

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all devices.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan