Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by RAJAT TANWAR <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/24 10:36:48 UTC

Need Assistance !!!

I was trying to de-identify my clinical notes and i came across cTakes. I
am very impressed with the demo of cTakes.

I want to install it and De-identify my clinical notes.

Could i be  provided with some assistance on how to approach it.

Thanks and Regards

Re: Need Assistance !!!

Posted by Peter Abramowitsch <pa...@gmail.com>.
This is a sophisticated and subtle arena of work in which many people have
contributed, and so your questions cannot be answered in just a few
sentences.  A couple of articles that might help.

http://dms.data.jhu.edu/data-management-resources/publish-and-share/de-identify-human-subjects-data/applications-to-assist-in-de-identification-of-human-subjects-data/

Because you didn't mention HIPAA, you need to check into the national/legal
environment in which you will be using these notes and see what types of
Identifying information pertain to your use case.  If it is HIPAA, you can
find specific guidance for attributes that should be dummied, excised, or
obfuscated.