Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/16 19:38:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

I would like to get a HiveMind 1.1-alpha-3 releae out.  I don't think
Achim's JMX support will make it in, but that should be in place
before the beta.  Based on the discussions here, there isn't anything,
besides JMX, so urgent it can't wait for HiveMind 1.2.  I'd like to
move HiveMind 1.1 to a GA release quickly ... 1.1 has already gone on
longer than I had originally hoped.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: [VOTE] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>I would like to get a HiveMind 1.1-alpha-3 releae out.  I don't think
>Achim's JMX support will make it in, but that should be in place
>before the beta.  Based on the discussions here, there isn't anything,
>besides JMX, so urgent it can't wait for HiveMind 1.2.  I'd like to
>move HiveMind 1.1 to a GA release quickly ... 1.1 has already gone on
>longer than I had originally hoped.
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1

I have no rights for voting, but say: +1
Better with frequent releases (fixing bugs) rather than having to wait
for new releases including new functionality *and* fixing bugs (and
possibly introducing new ones).

Dave's .02$

Re: [VOTE] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Knut Wannheden: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <ha...@gmail.com>.
Harish Krishnaswamy: +1

Re: [RESULT] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
We do a series of betas, then a series of rc (release candidates), then the
final release.

On 4/13/05, David J. M. Karlsen <da...@davidkarlsen.com> wrote:

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
> >I would like to get a HiveMind 1.1-alpha-3 release out. I don't think
> >Achim's JMX support will make it in, but that should be in place
> >before the beta. Based on the discussions here, there isn't anything,
> >besides JMX, so urgent it can't wait for HiveMind 1.2. I'd like to
> >move HiveMind 1.1 to a GA release quickly ... 1.1 has already gone on
> >longer than I had originally hoped.
> >
> >Binding votes:
> >
> >Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
> >James Carman: +1
> >Harish Krishnaswamy: +1
> >Knut Wannaheden: +1
> >Erik Hatcher: +0 (no response)
> >
> >Non-binding votes:
> >Richard Hensley: +1
> >David Karlsen: +1
> >Brian Wallace: +1
> >Johan Lindquist: +1
> >

> What happens after 1.1a3, does it go into a beta state before release?
> Or does it go directly to 1.1?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [RESULT] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.
+1 (non-binding)

--