Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com> on 2018/11/29 21:40:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drop support for java 1.7 on the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 branches

We have traditionally followed HBase's java support (see
https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#basic.prerequisites). The
phoenix-queryserver module has a dependency on Avatica which does not
support Java 1.7. The phoenix-spark module depends on spark 2.3.2 which
also does not support Java 1.7. Do folks feel we should continue to provide
support Java 1.7 on the 1.x branches?

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop support for java 1.7 on the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 branches

Posted by zhang yun <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com>.
I think we have reached consensus about moving these modules into a
separate repo.
I filed PHOENIX-5062 and PHOENIX-5063.

Posted by Alex Araujo <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.