Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by David GAUDRE <dg...@24h00.fr> on 2010/04/27 14:10:04 UTC

Questions about spam assasin tests (not in the FAQ)

Dear Dev team,

First topic, a short one, thanks for your wonderful job.

The main activity of the company I'm working for is to send commercial e-mails (with opt-ins, off course).
We are obviously searching to reduce spam score by following strict rules.

Spam Assassin is set on servers we use to send emails.

When I check email headers, I often see several tests performed by Spam Assassin which are not in the test description apges on your website (whatever the version).

Some of these tests are named as:

AB_KW_BODY_PROMOTION=1.5,
AB_KW_BODY__LUXE_=1.5,
AB_BODY_LONG_LINE_75=1,
AB_SUBJECT_IMPERATIV=1.5,

Is this possible these tests are simply customized ones by the email server admin? If not, where can I find a description of these tests ?

I've tried to find everywhere on the web descriptions of these tests but I've found nothing. If you have some spare time to help.. :-)
It will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Cordialement,

David Gaudré
Responsable Technique E-mailing
Tél :  01.53.01.53.40

24H00.fr
10, rue Charlot,
75003 Paris (M° Arts et Métiers)

Re: Questions about spam assasin tests (not in the FAQ)

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.

David GAUDRE wrote:

> When I check email headers, I often see several tests performed by Spam
> Assassin which are not in the test description apges on your website
> (whatever the version).
>
> Some of these tests are named as:
>
> AB_KW_BODY_PROMOTION=1.5,
> AB_KW_BODY__LUXE_=1.5,
> AB_BODY_LONG_LINE_75=1,
> AB_SUBJECT_IMPERATIV=1.5,
>
> Is this possible these tests are simply customized ones by the email
> server admin? If not, where can I find a description of these tests ?

Users mailing list would be more convenient for such a topic but anway:

The rules you mentioned aren't part of default update channel or any
recommended update channel so it's most likely some sort of custom rule, I
guess. Have a look at your configuration files to figure this out.

The Wiki is more precise about this:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules
There you'll find additional information about where to find rules, their
description and how they are triggered.

Daniel