Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Leos Literak <li...@seznam.cz> on 2002/08/29 10:16:13 UTC

parsing text in template

Hi,

I'd like to do this:

java:

String init = templates.getInitString("MyServlet")
context.put("INIT",init)

conf:

MyServlet->#set($TITLE="My site") (etc)

template:

#parseString($INIT)

Is there any existing interface for this? (nothing in docs)

If I implement #parseString, would it be useful for others?

Thanks

	Leos

--
Leos Literak
http://AbcLinuxu.cz - tady je tucnakum hej!

Re: parsing text in template

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 8/29/02 4:16 AM, "Leos Literak" <li...@seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to do this:
>
> java:
>
> String init = templates.getInitString("MyServlet")
> context.put("INIT",init)
>
> conf:
>
> MyServlet->#set($TITLE="My site") (etc)
>
> template:
>
> #parseString($INIT)
>

> Is there any existing interface for this? (nothing in docs)
>
> If I implement #parseString, would it be useful for others?

It might be.  Although a simple parsing tool would do the trick.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.