Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Gaurav Khanna <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/11 20:54:02 UTC

Search for the groups that a user belongs to

Hi,

I need to perform a search for the groups that a user belongs to. Also the roles that the user has. The groups that the user belongs to should be recursively returned. For instance; if the user belongs to groups G1 and G1 is a member of Group G2, then the search should return G1 and G2 as the groups list for the user.

What are the APIs that I should use? Can anybody tell me about the performance of such a query? I am new to slide and hence these questions.

Thanks

RE: Search for the groups that a user belongs to

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
What version of slide are you using?

For slide 2 beta:
You will have to look in the DAV:group-membership on a given principal, and
the DAV:group-member-set of the group to check for nested group relations.

/jacob