Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com> on 2003/02/10 17:43:47 UTC

RE: [VELTOOLS] example lib sharing - answer

Well...answering my own question. ;-)

> Say - is there a better way to 'share' the libs between two examples
> besides just copying them?

Looking at the build.xml for the view examples, I see plainly that the
libs for the example are copied from the main velocity repository during
builds.

(Then later noticed the README in the simple/WEB-INF/lib that mentions
that.)

I've completed a basic layout example webapp (including Nathan's neat
Error.vm).

I think this example along with the other doc updates I've made would be
helpful to folks, but haven't heard any feedback positive/negative.

> http://crufty.happysearch.com/velocity/tools/view/docs/

Cheers,
Timo