Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2010/10/05 23:02:10 UTC

Problem uploading bundles via Sonatype

Hi all,

I'm posting to this address based on advice given in this past thread, which discussed a problem we had uploading Maven bundles for Apache Pivot 1.5.1:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/201007.mbox/%3c8DB630F3-166E-4ECE-9900-69C607E43BA7@sonatype.com%3e

That problem appeared to have been attributed to the use of the Safari web browser (using IE for Windows resolved the issue).

However, we're currently in the process of getting Pivot 1.5.2 ready for release, and we're running into another problem. When I attempt to upload the root Pivot bundle (pivot-1.5.2-bundle.jar) to the staging repository, I get an error saying that the SHA1 sum is incorrect. However, the value in the /org/apache/pivot/pivot/1.5.2/pivot-1.5.2.pom.sha1 file is the same as the value I get when I generate the sum on my machine, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

The bundles for Pivot 1.5.2 are here:

http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/maven/pivot/v1.5.2/

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Fwd: Problem uploading bundles via Sonatype

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Hi,

I sent this request to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org the other day (as described below), but I haven't received a response yet.

Any ideas? This is currently holding up our 1.5.2 release, since Maven bundle generation is part of our release process.

Thanks,
Greg Brown

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Problem uploading bundles via Sonatype

Posted by Damian Bradicich <db...@sonatype.com>.
Hi Greg, I was able to resolve this by removing the extra line feed in the
.sha1 file then i could update into a local nexus staging repo no probs.

Give that a shot

Damian

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.