Posted to couchapp@couchdb.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2015/11/15 04:57:35 UTC

Meet copy-couch!

https://github.com/bigbluehat/copy-couch

Finally whipped up my little backup script. It's intentionally stupid, but with a few more tweaks could cover several different scenarios for making copies of couches. :)

Given a properly configured config.ini file, it will take all the couch's from one CouchDB and store them as `backup/{local CouchDB instance's UUID}/{db name}` (plan is to make this configurable).

This means that you could use a single CouchDB in the Sky (or cloud or whatever) to copy your various local CouchDB instances into without conflict.

Now, these aren't (yet) "true" rolling backups or anything. They're just "cloud copies" (assuming that architecture) of local databases. It's helpful when (as I have had happen), your computer dies and all those local dev couch's are gone. T_T Saves a few tears, anyhow.

Next up?
Configurable _replicate or _replicator endpoint.
Configurable database names!
A copy.py script that takes one DB and replicates it to another.
Anything else? :)

Thanks for listening. ^_^
Benjamin
--
http://bigbluehat.com/

Re: Meet copy-couch!

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Hi Martin,
I have left couchapp, the builder, for Ddoc Lab (ddoc.me <http://ddoc.me/>) for good.
ermouth has announced that gihub/folder support import/export is on his roadmap for Ddoc Lab, also.
Johs)

Fwd: Meet copy-couch!

Re: Meet copy-couch!

Posted by Martin Broerse <in...@martinbroerse.com>.