Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/12/24 08:28:16 UTC

T5: CMS based on T5

Hi,

Is there a CMS based on T5? or actually we don't need a CMS when using T5?

Angelo

Re: T5: CMS based on T5

Posted by Bouiaw <bo...@gmail.com>.
We have started to implement a Tapestry 5 frontend on Igenko (
http://code.google.com/p/igenko/) CMS/eCommerce solution.
I think I will commit the first Tapestry 5 prototype module in a few weeks.

The core of the CMS is based on Java Content Repository and Spring. The
backoffice is developped in Flex
Front website will be created dynamically from the backoffice, and there
will be 2 kind of websites : Tapestry 5 or Flex
You can see more details on our architecture on
http://code.google.com/p/igenko/wiki/IgenkoArchitecture

For the Tapestry 5 websites, templates will be created in Backoffice and
will be saved and loaded dynamically from the Java Content Repository. Page
layout will also be designed in the Backoffice. We plan to play with Groovy
to allow to customize the Page classes

Maybe we can base website implementation on ChenilleKit (
http://www.chenillekit.org/chenillekit-template/index.html) or Trails (
http://www.trailsframework.org/) frameworks.

It is not in our roadmap but Igenko Java core could also be used to
implement a Tapestry 5 bakcoffice in order to have a full Tapestry 5
solution without Flex GUI.

The Igenko Tapestry 5 integration just begin, feel free to join !