Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Ramsey <ra...@tubafor.com> on 2004/11/11 23:59:52 UTC

duplicate messages

Hi all,
	I am using SA 3.0.1, spamass-milter 0.2.0, and Sendmail 8.12.11. Seems
to work fine. I am using it with the sql tables and everything. There is
one problem. I am getting a duplicate for about 2/3 of the mail that is
processed by the server. Here are the flags set for each app:
Spamassassin:
SPAMDOPTIONS="-u spamassassin -D -d -m10 -x -q"

Spamass-milter:
SOCKET=/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock
EXTRA_FLAGS="-f -d3 -b junkmail"

Sendmail:
sendmail.mc compilied with:
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
`S=local:/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock, F=,
T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl

I thought I had this working, and then I started to notice the
duplicates. Maybe there is something I have changed? Maybe it's just a
configuration issue. I have stopped the SA and milter apps, and
recompiled my cf file to not use the milter to make certain that this is
what is causing the issue.

Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator
Tubafor Mill, Inc.

Re: duplicate messages

Posted by Jeff Ramsey <ra...@tubafor.com>.
On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:59, Jeff Ramsey wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I am using SA 3.0.1, spamass-milter 0.2.0, and Sendmail 8.12.11. Seems
> to work fine. I am using it with the sql tables and everything. There is
> one problem. I am getting a duplicate for about 2/3 of the mail that is
> processed by the server. Here are the flags set for each app:
> Spamassassin:
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-u spamassassin -D -d -m10 -x -q"
>
> Spamass-milter:
> SOCKET=/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock
> EXTRA_FLAGS="-f -d3 -b junkmail"
>
> Sendmail:
> sendmail.mc compilied with:
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
> `S=local:/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock, F=,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
>
> I thought I had this working, and then I started to notice the
> duplicates. Maybe there is something I have changed? Maybe it's just a
> configuration issue. I have stopped the SA and milter apps, and
> recompiled my cf file to not use the milter to make certain that this is
> what is causing the issue.

Is there a timeout period for message parsing for either sendmail, SA,
or SA-milter? I think this may be due to me having my SQL lookups take a
bit too long. I'm testing this theory out now...

Jeff

Re: duplicate messages

Posted by jester <je...@spyderinternet.com>.
I too am having this problem without resolve, but, ive been having
complaints even with SA 3.0.0. Im not running milter or sql queries and im
just stumped...

running:
sendmail 8.13
rh 9.0
sa 3.0.1
MailScanner 4.33.3

Michael
SpyderNet

Re: duplicate messages

Posted by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-american.com>.

Re: duplicate messages

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
Jeff Ramsey <ra...@tubafor.com> wrote on 11/11/2004 04:59:52 PM:

> Hi all,
>    I am using SA 3.0.1, spamass-milter 0.2.0, and Sendmail 8.12.11.
Seems
> to work fine. I am using it with the sql tables and everything. There is
> one problem. I am getting a duplicate for about 2/3 of the mail that is
> processed by the server. Here are the flags set for each app:
> Spamassassin:
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-u spamassassin -D -d -m10 -x -q"
>
> Spamass-milter:
> SOCKET=/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock
> EXTRA_FLAGS="-f -d3 -b junkmail"
>
> Sendmail:
> sendmail.mc compilied with:
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
> `S=local:/var/run/spamassassin/spamass.sock, F=,
> T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
>
> I thought I had this working, and then I started to notice the
> duplicates. Maybe there is something I have changed? Maybe it's just a
> configuration issue. I have stopped the SA and milter apps, and
> recompiled my cf file to not use the milter to make certain that this is
> what is causing the issue.
>
> Jeff Ramsey
> MIS Administrator
> Tubafor Mill, Inc.

I ran into a similar problem, but in my case it was ClamAV. I'd start
getting a bunch of ERROR: ScanStream: accept timeout. in the clamd log,
and then would start getting duplicates. Restarting clamd would fix the
problem. This was with 0.75, I've since upgraded to 0.80, and haven't seen
the problem recur.

Running:
FBSD 5.2.1
Sendmail 8.13