Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Florian Le Vern <fl...@mappy.com> on 2017/09/25 13:44:56 UTC

Solr 5.5.2 - Custom Function Query update

Hi,

I added a custom Function Query in a jar library that is loaded from the
`solr/data/lib` folder (same level as the cores) with the solrconfig line:
<valueSourceParser name="myfunc"
class="blah.blah.solr.search.function.MyFuncValueParser" />

I just updated this lib but after restarting Solr, it seems that it
still uses the previous version.
I also tried to delete the lib from the `solr/data/lib` folder without
changing the solrconfig but it was still working.

Do you have any clues for updating a custom lib ?

Thanks in advance,
Florian

Re: Solr 5.5.2 - Custom Function Query update

Posted by Florian Le Vern <fl...@mappy.com>.
Hi Susheel and Emir,

Thanks for your quick help.
We are not using SolrCloud mode and the jar wasn't duplicated.
My supposition about the jar not being updated initially came from a
performance issue that was corrected. The effects were seen on our
development environment and not on our testing one.
I tried to add a dummy function to the lib and it was well updated, so
that wasn't our problem after all, sorry about that. It came from a bad
deployment in the testing environment, we are still investigating how to
improve again our lib performances though.

Sorry about the late response, I wanted some more information to let you
know.
Thanks again,
Florian

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.