Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/03/26 18:35:18 UTC

Wiki grammar selft-test created

I have added a self-describing test of the Chaperon Wiki grammar under
src/blocks/chaperon/samples, accessible from
http://localhost:8888/samples/chaperon/wikitest/selftest.html . Reading
the resulting document tells you about the test results.

Please add test cases if you discover or know about problems - it would
be good to have a complete test and reference of the wiki syntax.

New test pages can be added to the wikitest directory for special cases
(like the handling of invalid syntax), in which case it would be good
to list them in the samples.xml page.

Quite a few things work with the current grammar - good job Stephan (or
whoever wrote the grammar)!

Currently, tests 1.2, 4.2, 6.1 and 6.2 fail.

Also, the relative link in test 5.1 points to the Cocoon wiki, can this
be configured? I think generating a relative link without processing it
would be more useful in the general case.

-Bertrand

Re: Wiki grammar selft-test created

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 27 mars 2003, à 11:20 Europe/Zurich, Stephan Michels a écrit :

> ...Test 1.2:
> The current concept was to separate the sections by the titles. ! =
> root
> level section, !! = subsection, !!! subsubsection etc. The grammar is
> designed to expect text after a title, which fill the section. So
> this test must fail. I can rewrite the grammar to allow empty sections.

Ok, I understand.
I think empty sections are useful when doing stuff like

1. main title
1.1 first section
text here
1.2 second section
text here

In which case there's no text after 1. main title. But we could live
without it as well IMHO.

> Test 4.2:
> I don't see a difference :-/

4.2 is just there to show the problem in 4.1 where spaces are missing
after "italic" and "monospaced".
4.2 doesn't do any new test.

> Test 6.1:
> Exists a equivalent to a horizontal ruler in xdoc?

Probably not...
Maybe it would be useful to recognize this at the wiki grammar level
and filter it out in the wiki-to-xdocs conversion?
no big deal. We can also change the test page to show features that are
not supported.

> Test 6.2:
> Should be '//' a soft break?

In the JSPWiki syntax, double-backslash is a forced line break,
double-slash is not interpreted AFAIK.

>> Also, the relative link in test 5.1 points to the Cocoon wiki....
> Yes, it is part of the wiki2xdoc stylesheets. At the moment, I think
> pointing the relative links to Cocoon Wiki was the best solution.

ok.

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I have added a self-describing test of the Chaperon Wiki grammar under
> src/blocks/chaperon/samples, accessible from
> http://localhost:8888/samples/chaperon/wikitest/selftest.html . Reading
> the resulting document tells you about the test results.
>
> Please add test cases if you discover or know about problems - it would
> be good to have a complete test and reference of the wiki syntax.
>
> New test pages can be added to the wikitest directory for special cases
> (like the handling of invalid syntax), in which case it would be good
> to list them in the samples.xml page.

Thanks, well done!

> Quite a few things work with the current grammar - good job Stephan (or
> whoever wrote the grammar)!
>
> Currently, tests 1.2, 4.2, 6.1 and 6.2 fail.

Test 1.2:
The current concept was to separate the sections by the titles. ! = root
level section, !! = subsection, !!! subsubsection etc. The grammar is
designed to expect text after a title, which fill the section. So
this test must fail. I can rewrite the grammar to allow empty sections.

Test 4.2:
I don't see a difference :-/

Test 6.1:
Exists a equivalent to a horizontal ruler in xdoc?

Test 6.2:
Should be '//' a soft break?

> Also, the relative link in test 5.1 points to the Cocoon wiki, can this
> be configured? I think generating a relative link without processing it
> would be more useful in the general case.

Yes, it is part of the wiki2xdoc stylesheets. At the moment, I think
pointing the relative links to Cocoon Wiki was the best solution.

Thanks for helping, Stephan.