Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/06 02:06:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache in chroot on Solaris 9

Hi all,

I have built and install apache2.2.11 on solaris 9 and all is working fine
but when I put the server in chroot I faced some problems. More specifically
the server complains about the user I'm running apache under and says "can't
find the user with the given UID". My chroot is /chroot and when i built it
I have transfered the /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/netconfig,
/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files into /chroot/etc directory and I have
transfered all the libraries linked to the httpd process that I could find
with ldd and truss. Any idea what am I still missing?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Igor

Re: [users@httpd] Apache in chroot on Solaris 9

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
As addition to the said above I can see the following error when I run truss
on the process:

stat("/usr/local/ssl/lib/libc.so.1", 0xFFBFEE30) Err#2 ENOENT
stat("/usr/local/ssl/lib/libgcc_s.so.1", 0xFFBFEE30) Err#2 ENOENT

and those libraries really don't exist. Any idea how to get around this?

Igor

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.