Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ChicagoBob123 <bo...@bobfx.com> on 2010/09/11 00:00:06 UTC

Queue control. Or message expiration

I am using http and Rest to send messages up to a queue but I want the
messages to expire after a few seconds. (if no one dequeues them in 5
seconds I dont want them hanging around).  Can you do that with out writting
an application to browse the queue? Is there a setting?

Thanks

Re: Queue control. Or message expiration

Posted by Stan Lewis <sl...@fusesource.com>.
Looking at the code it looks like you can add JMSTimeToLive as a parameter, i.e:

http://localhost:8080/demo/message/abc?type=queue&clientId=myid&JMSTimeToLive=5000

That should set the message expiry for you.