Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by la...@email.cz on 2014/07/31 11:13:15 UTC

Changing of AlertManager behavior

Hi everyone!

I would like to ask you for best solution how to change default AlertManager
behavior. I would like to set all message durations to TRANSIENT for
standard info(), success(), warn() and error() calls. It's not problem
directly for my application, but I would like to change default duration
also within component libraries I'm using. Can I switch the AlertManager
implementation easily? Will it be then changed also in modules I'm uses and
my app is dependent on?

Sub-sequent question: Is there any way how to change time of TRANSIENT
durration messages disappearence?

Thanks for answer in advance!

Best regards

Ladislav

Re: Changing of AlertManager behavior

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
On 4 Aug 2014, at 11:15 pm, Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 Jul 2014, at 7:13 pm, lacko@email.cz wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone!
>>

>> I would like to ask you for best solution how to change default AlertManager
>> behavior. I would like to set all message durations to TRANSIENT for
>> standard info(), success(), warn() and error() calls. It's not problem
>> directly for my application, but I would like to change default duration
>> also within component libraries I'm using. Can I switch the AlertManager
>> implementation easily? Will it be then changed also in modules I'm uses and
>> my app is dependent on?
>>
> Create your own component which exposes the same parameters but has different defaults. It would wrap AlertManager.

Sorry, this answer was completely wrong. Please see Thiago's answer.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 06:13:15 -0300, <la...@email.cz> wrote:

> Hi everyone!

Hi!

> I would like to ask you for best solution how to change default
> AlertManager behavior.

Isn't AlertManager a Tapestry-IoC service? So override, decorate or advise
it (probably override in this case) through Tapestry-IoC.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br