Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/08/26 17:33:37 UTC

Stream/Functional progress report

Gang,

I want to give you an update on how it is going...

In essence, I have completed the first round of massive changes, where most
of the internals are using Stream API instead of the Iterable system from
Rickard.
It compiles and some non-trivial tests pass.

BUT, I must have messed up some of the functions, because withTags()
doesn't work anymore. When the withTags() are to be converted into a
ServiceTags instance and placed into MetaInfo, something goes wrong and
ServiceTags are never added. This breaks a LOT of tests, due to "json"
tagging on ValueSerialization, and I haven't stumbled upon breaking for
other reasons, so fixing this could(!) clear up a massive number of tests
in one go.

I also note that the Build Passes, even though most tests fail. That can't
be right...

I am committing and pushing this anyway, in case someone has time to look
at this detail tonight or tomorrow, as I need to run around with other
things quite a lot, for my move to Shanghai.

So, my guess is that CI will break and start making noise.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Stream/Functional progress report

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
I have also traced down a couple of more such mistakes.

Out of the ~1300 tests in Core, 80 are now failing... Getting there.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Kent Sølvsten <ke...@gmail.com>.