Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/02/04 15:30:30 UTC

RE: [update] TreeProcessor now available

> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
>
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> >>From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
> >>

> > <snip/>
> >

> >>I have seen Cocoon newbies really frightened by the lengthy
> >><map:components> section full of class names that starts the
sitemap.
> >>When they finally arrive at <map:pipelines>, their mindstate is such
> >>that they hardly perceive the simplicity of the language.
> >>

> > Can I then suggest something? Is it meaningful to move Cocoon
built-in
> > component declarations into cocoon.xconf (preserving ability to
declare
> > them in sitemap, of course)?
> >
> > Then sitemap will be greatly simplified, and sitemap from
"chello.war"
> > could be as simple as several lines.
> >
> > Are there issues with this approach?
>

> Not really. This is a good idea as it would allow newbies to be less
> frightened :)

First step is here: Now you can move components definitions from the
sitemap to the cocoon.xconf. Labels and mime-types are taken into
account by modified SitemapComponentSelector.

Vadim

Re: [update] TreeProcessor now available

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]

>>><snip/>

>sitemap.

>>>Can I then suggest something? Is it meaningful to move Cocoon
>>>
>built-in
>
>>>component declarations into cocoon.xconf (preserving ability to
>>>declare them in sitemap, of course)?
>>>

>>>Then sitemap will be greatly simplified, and sitemap from
>>>"chello.war" could be as simple as several lines.
>>>

>>>Are there issues with this approach?
>>>

>>Not really. This is a good idea as it would allow newbies to be less
>>frightened :)
>>

>First step is here: Now you can move components definitions from the
>sitemap to the cocoon.xconf. Labels and mime-types are taken into
>account by modified SitemapComponentSelector.
>
>Vadim

Nice ! I'll check that.

Thanks.

Sylvain