Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dominik Stoettner <do...@gmx.net> on 2004/02/16 20:22:13 UTC

controller for tiles

Hi!

I am still trying to write a webapplication with tiles that allows the user
to choose which tiles he wants to see. So each tile should have its own
controller to receive and handle the user inputs. I know that I can define a
controller for a tile in the tiles-defs.xml but how do I access that controller
from the jsp-page? And I am still looking for a possibility to create a
page-flow within a tile! Any ideas how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

regards,
dom

RE: controller for tiles

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Dominik,

The pdf http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/tilesAdvancedFeatures.pdf (Tiles
Advanced Features) lists various ways to do this.  I suggest you extend your
Action class as a tiles controller so that, within the action, you can set
the pieces of the tile definition to those of your choosing.

But, since you mentioned having your JSP make those changes, which sounds to
me like the wrong place to modify your template, there might be a way to do
that listed in that (or another) advanced Tiles document.

Regards,
David

I don't know...but I believe the shipped tiles sample app/documentation does
this - take a look at that.

Niall

Re: controller for tiles

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.