Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Guy Rixon <gt...@ast.cam.ac.uk> on 2006/03/16 14:00:39 UTC

Problems with signatures

Hi,

can you help me with a signature problem?  I have a client and service, both
using WSS4J 1.0.0. The client signs the SOAP body of the request, but the
signature checking in the service always fails at the XMLSec level. The
signature uses a direct reference to a BinarySecurityToken, and the service
seems to be reading the token properly; at least, it gets the subject DN
right.

I've checked the signature in the client immediately after signing and it
verifies correctly there. Something bad seems to be happening to the XML on
the way to the service, but I can't think what. No other special handlers are
involved.

This is all with Axis 1.3 and "local" transport, BTW.

Thanks,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523