Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@hawkinsweb.co.uk> on 2004/10/19 19:40:36 UTC

Web content takes over the portal !

We have an Iframe portlet that when it loads the default content the content
takes over the whole browser and the rest of the portal disappears, an
example being set http://www.bbc.co.uk or .com as the default page for an
IFrame portlet.

Is there a way of stopping this behaviour.

Thanks

---

Re: Web content takes over the portal !

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
The website is probably using some type of "frame-break" javascript.
The only thing you can do about that is to run the page through a
rewrtier that removes the javascript from the page.

Jonathan Hawkins wrote:

>We have an Iframe portlet that when it loads the default content the content
>takes over the whole browser and the rest of the portal disappears, an
>example being set http://www.bbc.co.uk or .com as the default page for an
>IFrame portlet.
>
>Is there a way of stopping this behaviour.
>
>Thanks
>
>---

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *