Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> on 2012/04/25 17:50:07 UTC

JIRA Project Keywords

In order to request the transition from BZ to JIRA, we need to select a
"project key" for each BZ product (step 4 of [1]):

*Step four: Pick project key(s)*

   - The project key will be the prefix of every issue, for example,
   infrastructure's key is "INFRA" and issues are INFRA-1, INFRA-2, etc...
   This should be unique, but not too long. If you will have multiple
   projects, think about possible multiple keys.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheBugzillaToJiraMigration

I propose the following keys:

"BATIK" - Batik BZ Product
"FOP" - Fop BZ Product
"XGC" - XMLGraphicsCommons BZ Product

Any objection or suggested change?

Re: JIRA Project Keywords

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 25/04/2012 17:23, Glenn Adams wrote:

Hi Glenn,
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Chris Bowditch<bowditch_chris@hotmail.com
>> wrote:
>> I'm happy with your suggestions above. However, the list is missing 1 sub
>> component; the recently added pdf-plugin library. It may be smaller than
>> others but we need to cater for it.
>>
> At present, there is no Bugzilla product or component associated with this
> (AFAICT). The question is whether we would want to have separate JIRA
> project for this or not. Or should it be handled in JIRA as a "component"
> or as a "project". I would suggest it be handled as a component under
> either the FOP or XGC project. In any case, we can create this project or
> component after the initial BZ to JIRA transition since there aren't any
> existing BZ issues filed.

Yes that's right. There is no Bugzilla product or component for PDF
Plugin because the component was only added to SVN within the last 2
weeks. There has been plenty of discussions about enhancements to it on
fop-dev recently between Mehdi and Craig Ringer, so its only a matter of
time until we need to raise issues against it. I'll leave it up to you,
but whilst you are adding the others, adding a fourth would seem like no
extra effort.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: JIRA Project Keywords