Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Venkat Ram <pv...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/13 21:49:06 UTC

Weird Service Archiver Plugin Issues in Eclipse

 I am facing a weird problem. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

After writing a java class that i want to be exported as a webservice, I click the "New->Other->Axis2 Wizards" and then click the "Axi2 Service Archiver" and nothing happens. If i click again for the second time it takes me to the next window but all i see is the title and the bottom ( back, next, cancel buttons ). I cannot see anything in the middle area of the window. Here I expect to see the option to select the path to include the class files etc.

 To add more..

Sometimes it goes as far as "set the service xml file.." window, where I select to automatically generate the xml file. After this, when click "next", there would be no change.

Other times, I would go as far as where i can put the service name and classname. After enteing the classname and servicename and i hit load, it would say it cannot find the class. ("classnotfound exception").

I am still digging into this..and i am not sure why it cannot find the class.

Any pointers appreciated..

Thanks
Venkat

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Weird Service Archiver Plugin Issues in Eclipse

Posted by Venkat Ram <pv...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Martin and Tony for your responses. I got a bit further by cleaning up and restarting eclipse.

On Martin's response:
1. I dont see a webapps directory in my eclipse project. I am just creating a plain java project.
2. I could however find a .classpath file in my project directory.  It looks like this <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
 and I could find the class file in the bin directory.

My objective is to get a simple java class that throws an AxisFault exception exposed as a webservice.

I am using Axis2, Tomcat 6 and Eclipse 3.3.1 ( for java ee)

If i take out the AxisFault exception piece, the " Service Archiver" Plugin works well and deploys the .aar file into the tomcat webapps/* directory. But, when i have the Java class throw the exception, I am stuck at the last but one stage of the Service Archiver Wizard where its asking for the "ServiceName" and "Class name" to generate the services.xml file. I hit the load button and it doesn't say anything i.e no error or feedback of any sort. If I change the classname to some bogus, then it complains. But with the correct classname, I cant proceed futher for the deployment.

Why is this different when i try to throw the AxisFault exception? Is the wizard suppose to work with java class methods throwing axisfault exceptions?

Thanks
Venkat

Tony Liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote: I had similar problems while I was using it. Try this:
1. Make sure you add an addtional jar, which must be a log4j*.jar,
2. If you didn't add it at the first time or the plugin couldn't find it anymore, you will probably have the problem of the middle area not showing up. So close Eclipse, delete the file under the folder "../workspace/.metadata/.plugins/axis2_service_archiver/", and then restart Eclipse.

I think it's a bug in the plugin.

On 4/14/08, Venkat Ram <pv...@yahoo.com> wrote:  I am facing a weird problem. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Posted by Tony Liu <li...@gmail.com>.