Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by David King <md...@mvtel.net> on 2013/01/06 19:17:29 UTC

Translate ?

I archived files written in Open Office 3.4 and when I go to retrieve them, they are in another language that looks like an oriental language.  What can I do to read these files?  I'm not much computer savvy.  Thank you.  Dave66

Re: Translate ?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 06/01/2013 David King wrote:
> I archived files written in Open Office 3.4 and when I go to retrieve
> them, they are in another language that looks like an oriental
> language.  What can I do to read these files?  I'm not much computer
> savvy.  Thank you.  Dave66

Hi, this could be due to a corrupted file or a failing import filter,
but it's hard to diagnose this without seeing the files. The most
user-friendly channel we have available for this is the official forum:
register at http://forum.openoffice.org/ and then open a new topic
there, attaching your document and possibly a screenshot of how you see it.

Regards,
   Andrea.