Posted to users@maven.apache.org by zhaoyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 04:36:22 UTC

Maven jaxb2 plugin encoding issue

I set up jaxb2 plugin in my maven. It will generate code first then compile
the code. My problem is that when jaxb2 generate the code, it will generate
a commend line in the source code "// Generated on: 2010...". The time line
include Chinese character for that I am using a Chinese version OS. When
maven begins to build the source code, I will get an error that maven
doesn't map UTF-8 character. How can I change the generated time character
on jaxb2 plugin?

thanks.

Re: Maven jaxb2 plugin encoding issue

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
  Hi,

we use
<plugin>
<!-- http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/xjc-mojo.html -->
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>jaxb2-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.3</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>jaxb2-maven-plugin-run</id>
<phase>generate-sources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>xjc</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<packageName>....</packageName>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

thomas

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Afaik the plugin org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2:maven-jaxb2-plugin is not
maintained here.

We can answer for the plugin [1] : org.codehaus.mojo:jaxb2-maven-plugin

So try with this one if you have the same issue.

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/jaxb2-maven-plugin/

2010/7/9 zhaoyi <yo...@gmail.com>:

> Below is our configuration. The -no-header doesn't solve the problem.
>
> <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.jvnet.jaxb2.maven2</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-jaxb2-plugin</artifactId>
>                <version>0.7.1</version>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <id>generate-jaxb</id>
>                        <phase>generate-test-sources</phase>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>generate</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>                <configuration>
>                    <generatePackage>com.example.ipo.jaxb</generatePackage>
>
> <generateDirectory>${project.build.directory}/jaxb-source</generateDirectory>
>
> <schemaDirectory>${basedir}/src/test/resources</schemaDirectory>
>                    <schemaIncludes>
>                        <include>ipo.xsd</include>
>                    </schemaIncludes>
>                    <arguments>-no-header</arguments>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>

Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/olamy
http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/olivier.lamy7

Re: Maven jaxb2 plugin encoding issue

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
  Hi,

try to deactivate the header.

<configuration>
<arguments>-no-header</arguments>

regards
thomas

Posted by zhaoyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
Does maven have a configuration for encoding or Calendar?

Re: Maven jaxb2 plugin encoding issue

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
file an jira issue with sample maven project , and provide a fix if
you can.  jaxb2 plugin developer can work on it later.

-D