Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Juergen Damke <DA...@de.ibm.com> on 2002/04/11 16:13:42 UTC

deepest name of given directory

I look for a Task which returns the the deepest name of a given
directory.  Sample:

/foo/bar/blabla       returns  blabla

Does someone have such a Task ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards
Jürgen Damke

Re: deepest name of given directory

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The <basename> task -- new for 1.5. If you can't go to 1.5, you can
> pick it up on its own from a nightly, since it's autonomous

No longer true - you'll need to pick up the 1.1 revision of
Basename.java as 1.2 uses the new setNewProperty method of Project.

Stefan

Re: deepest name of given directory

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Juergen Damke <DA...@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> I look for a Task which returns the the deepest name of a given
> directory.  Sample:
>
> /foo/bar/blabla       returns  blabla
>
> Does someone have such a Task ?

The <basename> task -- new for 1.5. If you can't go to 1.5, you can pick
it up on its own from a nightly, since it's autonomous (ie., doesn't rely
on other 1.5 changes), then just <taskdef> it. Doc page for it is in CVS.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)