Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> on 2009/05/31 08:20:56 UTC

Re: could not connect to server (was: no subject)

On May 31, 2009, at 03:02, 高峰 wrote:

>          Now, every time I use “svn co http://www.abc.com/repo/
> dir” to checkout one copy, it notify me with -- svn: OPTIONS of
> ‘http://www.abc.com/repo/dir’: could not connect to server (http://
> www.abc.com), but I can successfully checkout working copy from
> other servers.
>          My system is Debian/squeeze , kernel version is
> 2.6.26-2-686. The version of my subversion is 1.5.6. I install the
> binary version from the debian source.
>
>          p.s. I successfully checkout the working copy from the
> problematic site the first time, but my disk run out of space when
> checking the working copy out, and the client is forced to abort.
> Then this probles occurs.

There doesn't seem to be a repository at that URL. Perhaps you're
using "abc.com" as a placeholder in this email and did not mean the
American Broadcasting Company? Consider using example.com for sample
URLs -- it exists for that purpose.

Subversion 1.5.6 -- is that the client or the server? What's on the
other?

Can you show us the Subversion setup in your Apache configuration file?

Can others check out from this repository? Is the problem localized
to this client?

Is the client using neon or serf?

Re: 答复: 答复: could not connect to server (was: no subject)

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 31, 2009, at 20:05, 高峰 wrote:

>>> Sorry... I don't know what the 'neon' and 'serf' is.
>>
>> Neon and serf are the two libraries Subversion can use to connect to
>> a repository that is being served with Apache. Neon is the default
>> but you could try switching to serf to see if it makes a difference
>> or prints a different error message. The setting is in your
>> Subversion config file.
>>
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.confarea.html
>
> I guess the config file with Neon and serf is refered to that on
> server
> side.
> If so, I can't read or change it by any means..

No, it is entirely a client-side setting. The above URL tells you all
about the options you can set on the client. http-library is one of
them.

答复: 答复: could not connect to server (was: no subject)

Posted by 高峰 <ko...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Sorry for the insufficient info..
The server side version is Subversion 1.6.2 (r37639).
1.5.6 is version of my local program.

I guess the config file with Neon and serf is refered to that on server
side.
If so, I can't read or change it by any means..

Thanks for your patient!

高峰
阿里巴巴 B2B 中文站 社区部
手机: 15257106320
分机: 34899
Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 1, 2009, at 00:13, 高峰 wrote:

> I have used TortoiseSVN before. But now, my system is Debian/Linux,
> afaik,
> Tortoise has not a linux counterpart. RapidSVN is a GUI tool in
> Linux, but
> it seems delegate the command to the subversion I installed, so it
> also
> failed.
> I've tried Eclipse + Subclipse, This composite can work.

It can work or it does work? If it does work, then I wonder what it
is doing differently than the command line client.

> But it is bring me lots of trouble. :(

What kinds of trouble?

> There is no proxy between neither my cli to server nor web browser to
> server.
>
> I am checking the tutorial you mentioned:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.confarea.html
> Thank you!

Ok good. Let us know what happens when you change the http library
from neon to serf.

答复: 答复: 答复: could not connect to server (was: no subject)

Posted by 高峰 <ko...@alibaba-inc.com>.
I have used TortoiseSVN before. But now, my system is Debian/Linux, afaik,
Tortoise has not a linux counterpart. RapidSVN is a GUI tool in Linux, but
it seems delegate the command to the subversion I installed, so it also
failed.
I've tried Eclipse + Subclipse, This composite can work. But it is bring me
lots of trouble. :(

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: 答复: could not connect to server (was: no subject)

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by 高峰 <ko...@alibaba-inc.com>.
> dir” to checkout one copy, it notify me with -- svn: OPTIONS of
> ‘http://www.abc.com/repo/dir’: could not connect to server (http://
> www.abc.com), but I can successfully checkout working copy from
> other servers.
>          My system is Debian/squeeze , kernel version is
> 2.6.26-2-686. The version of my subversion is 1.5.6. I install the
> binary version from the debian source.
>
>          p.s. I successfully checkout the working copy from the
> problematic site the first time, but my disk run out of space when
> checking the working copy out, and the client is forced to abort.
> Then this probles occurs.

There doesn't seem to be a repository at that URL. Perhaps you're using
"abc.com" as a placeholder in this email and did not mean the American
Broadcasting Company? Consider using example.com for sample URLs -- it
exists for that purpose.

Yes, they are placeholder. Thank you for your suggestion. I will use
example.com in future.