Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kenneth Litwak <kl...@apu.edu> on 2004/08/14 00:53:49 UTC

Simple design question

    I'm trying to teach myself Struts while writing an actual
application . I need to go from an index.jsp, with variable request
parameter values (depending upon the specific user choice of what to
do).  For this should I code one Action that then forwards to separate
things depending upon request parameters or put multiple forms on the
index.jsp, each of which invokes a different Action?  Never done any of
this before, so I don't have a feel for what's better.  Thanks.

Re: Simple design question

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Kenneth Litwak" <kl...@apu.edu>
>  I'm trying to teach myself Struts while writing an actual
> application.

Before you start writing your own, spend some time with the struts-example
webapp, and figure out how it works.  Running your container and that
example in a debugger (JSwat?) for an hour will reveal all sorts of things
it would otherwise take you days and weeks to figure out.

--
Wendy Smoak