Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rahul Pilani <rp...@3ptsoft.com> on 2005/06/29 02:21:25 UTC

x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

I wanted to make the x:selectOneRadio to work within a dataTable. I read the
forum archive and noticed that a lot of people are having the same problem.
I was just wondering if anyone has found a possible solution to it yet. If
not , what is the possible approach to get it to work?.. create a just a new
renderer ? or create an entirely new component?

I got it working to a point that I was able to select only one radio for the
entire column, but the value binding was not working, meaning the bean
wasn't getting the value set in form. I tried setting the binding attribute
in the x:radio tag, but I couldn't get any useful information from that. The
values still don't get passed onto the backing bean in any way.

Thanks

Rahul

Re: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Javier Mendiara Cañardo wrote:
> I was in the same problem, and finally i discovered ADF Faces[1] from Oracle.
> These components are free, but not open source, and his license is not
> defined yet.

Ahem, ADF faces is only development time free, you have to buy
a deployment license, to my knowledge.

Re: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Javier Mendiara Cañardo <jm...@gmail.com>.
I was in the same problem, and finally i discovered ADF Faces[1] from Oracle.
These components are free, but not open source, and his license is not
defined yet.

you are interested on   <af:tableSelectOne> [2] : [quote]Table
"selection" facet component that implements single-selection.[/quote]

Unfortunatelly for me, these componentes uses JSF1.1, and due to my
proyect restrictions, i cant probe them. and it seems that they are
compatible with MyFaces 1.0.9

Good Luck!

[1]http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/index.html
[2]http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/tableSelectOne.html

--
AaDiOsS

Re: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Werner Punz wrote:
> Klug, Boris wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>

>>> (..) You can download the source from
>>

>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .
>>
>> when I point my browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/,
>> I see no
>> files, no patches. SF just says "This Project Has Not Released Any
>> Files". Do I
>> have to be a project member to see the files?
>>

> You either have to go directly via cvs into the sourceforge project
> or go with your browser into the CVS link...
> the sources are located under jsf-comp/src/java.....

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jsf-comp/componentsandbox/src/java/net/sf/myfacessandbox/components/select/
here is the full link to Jans Selectbox sources...

Re: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Posted by "Klug, Boris " <Bo...@debeka.de>.
Hi!

> (..) You can download the source from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

when I point my browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/, I see no
files, no patches. SF just says "This Project Has Not Released Any Files". Do I
have to be a project member to see the files?

--
Boris Klug

Re: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Jan Bols <ja...@ivpv.ugent.be>.
OK thanks.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Jan Bols <ja...@ivpv.ugent.be>.
Rahul, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Using the
selectOneRadio or selectManyCheckbox from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ is usefull if you just want to
have a list of radiobuttons or checkboxes rendered in more then 1 column.
So if that's what you're trying to achieve then this might be useful for
you. It does not use dataTable so if you want do other more complicated
things with it (f.e. combine the checkboxes with other components within
your table), you might need a dataTable for that and than you can't use
these components.

The selectOneRadio or selectManyCheckbox components from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ are just an extension to the
x:selectOneRadio and x:selectManyCheckbox components. It adds the column
parameter to specify how many columns the selectItem objects should be
rendered in.

You can find a jar on http://www.ivpv.UGent.be/~jan/myfacessandbox.jar
containing these components and the
necessary tld file since a jar is not included on the sourceforge website.
It meant to be used with myfaces 1.0.9 and not the current nightly build
version. This is because it extends the x:selectOneRadio and
x:selectManyCheckbox components and these components have undergone some
changes since the release of version 1.0.9.

Also on http://www.ivpv.UGent.be/~jan/selectTest.jsp you can find a jsp
file that demonstrates the use of
the components.

Hope this helps.

Jan

--
     Jan Bols
     IVPV - Instituut Voor Permanente Vorming

RE: x:selectOneRadio and dataTable

Posted by Jan Bols <ja...@ivpv.ugent.be>.