Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Surinder Mehra <re...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 15:43:17 UTC

gridgain ultimate edition snapshot error

Hi,
I was experimenting with the GG ultimate edition to take snapshots and
encountered the below error and cluster stops. Please note that this works
in the ignite free version and we don't see too many files open error. Is
this a bug or we are missing some configuration?

version:  gridgain-8.8.19

/bin./snapshot-utility.sh snapshot -type=full

[21:03:51,693][SEVERE][db-snapshot-executor-stripe-0-#35][] Critical system
error detected. Will be handled accordingly to configured handler
[hnd=StopNodeOrHaltFailureHandler [tryStop=false, timeout=0,
super=AbstractFailureHandler [ignoredFailureTypes=UnmodifiableSet
[SYSTEM_WORKER_BLOCKED, SYSTEM_CRITICAL_OPERATION_TIMEOUT]]],
failureCtx=FailureContext [type=CRITICAL_ERROR, err=class
o.a.i.i.processors.cache.persistence.StorageException: Failed to initialize
partition file:
/home/usr/tools/gridgain-ultimate-8.8.19/work/db/node00-c221fe71-5d29-4cd7-ab0f-9fa8240711b2/cache-name****/part-88.bin]
class
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.StorageException:
Failed to initialize partition file:
/home/usr/tools/gridgain-ultimate-8.8.19/work/db/node00-c221fe71-5d29-4cd7-ab0f-9fa8240711b2/cache-name****/part-88.bin
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.FilePageStore.init(FilePageStore.java:519)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.FilePageStore.read(FilePageStore.java:405)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.pagemem.PageReadWriteManagerImpl.read(PageReadWriteManagerImpl.java:68)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.FilePageStoreManager.read(FilePageStoreManager.java:577)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.pagemem.PageMemoryImpl.acquirePage(PageMemoryImpl.java:911)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.pagemem.PageMemoryImpl.acquirePage(PageMemoryImpl.java:730)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.pagemem.PageMemoryImpl.acquirePage(PageMemoryImpl.java:711)
at
org.gridgain.grid.internal.processors.cache.database.snapshot.SnapshotCreateFuture.completeSavingAllocatedIndex(SnapshotCreateFuture.java:1304)
at
org.gridgain.grid.internal.processors.cache.database.snapshot.SnapshotCreateFuture.completeSnapshotCreation(SnapshotCreateFuture.java:1486)
at
org.gridgain.grid.internal.processors.cache.database.snapshot.SnapshotCreateFuture.doFinalStage(SnapshotCreateFuture.java:1171)
at
org.gridgain.grid.internal.processors.cache.database.snapshot.SnapshotOperationFuture.completeStagesLocally(SnapshotOperationFuture.java:2352)
at
org.gridgain.grid.internal.processors.cache.database.snapshot.SnapshotOperationFuture$10.run(SnapshotOperationFuture.java:2286)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.StripedExecutor$Stripe.body(StripedExecutor.java:567)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:119)
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException:
/home/usr/tools/gridgain-ultimate-8.8.19/work/db/node00-c221fe71-5d29-4cd7-ab0f-9fa8240711b2/cache-name****/part-88.bin:
Too many open files
at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:100)
at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)
at
java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newAsynchronousFileChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:201)
at
java.base/java.nio.channels.AsynchronousFileChannel.open(AsynchronousFileChannel.java:253)
at
java.base/java.nio.channels.AsynchronousFileChannel.open(AsynchronousFileChannel.java:311)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.AsyncFileIO.<init>(AsyncFileIO.java:65)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.AsyncFileIOFactory.create(AsyncFileIOFactory.java:43)
at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.file.FilePageStore.init(FilePageStore.java:491)
... 14 more
[21:03:51,695][SEVERE][db-snapshot-executor-stripe-0-#35][FailureProcessor]
No deadlocked threads detected.
[21:03:51,767][SEVERE][db-snapshot-executor-stripe-0-#35][FailureProcessor]
Thread dump at 2022/06/06 21:03:51 IST
Thread [name="main", id=1, state=WAITING, blockCnt=4, waitCnt=4169]
    Lock [object=java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch$Sync@5b60e356,
ownerName=null, ownerId=-1]
        at java.base@11.0.14.1/jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
        at
java.base@11.0.14.1/java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:194)
        at
java.base@11.0.14.1/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.parkAndCheckInterrupt(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:885)
        at
java.base@11.0.14.1/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1039)
        at
java.base@11.0.14.1/java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1345)
        at
java.base@11.0.14.1/java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(CountDownLatch.java:232)
        at
app//o.a.i.startup.cmdline.CommandLineStartup.main(CommandLineStartup.java:391)

Config:

  <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">

    <property name="peerClassLoadingEnabled" value="true"/>
    <property name="deploymentMode" value="CONTINUOUS"/>
    <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
      <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
        <property name="defaultDataRegionConfiguration">
          <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
            <property name="persistenceEnabled" value="true"/>
          </bean>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>
    <property name="pluginConfigurations">
      <bean class="org.gridgain.grid.configuration.GridGainConfiguration">
        <property name="snapshotConfiguration">
          <bean
class="org.gridgain.grid.configuration.SnapshotConfiguration">
            <property name="snapshotsPath" value="/home/ignitesnapshots/"/>
          </bean>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>
</beans>

Re: gridgain ultimate edition snapshot error

Posted by Gianluca Bonetti <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello there

Yes it's not a bug.
The open files limit is the default and needs to be raised.
Maybe apply a ulimit action in your start script.

Very likely it worked for you on Ignite vs GridGain because you're using
Ignite on another machine (a testing vm?) where you have less caches hence
less files.

Cheers
Gianluca

Posted by Surinder Mehra <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gianluca Bonetti <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Re[2]: gridgain ultimate edition snapshot error

Posted by Zhenya Stanilovsky <ar...@mail.ru>.
hi, u need to change limits [1]

[1]  https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/perf-troubleshooting-guide/general-perf-tips#ulimits

Posted by Surinder Mehra <re...@gmail.com>.