Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by of...@comcast.net on 2006/08/04 01:39:56 UTC

recurring charge setup

Hi,
Could someone please tell me how to set up an Order that is recurring? A good analogy to the Product we want to enter would be an ISP service - so say this service charge recurs monthly. Could someone confirm that the Term Uom Id is for setting the frequency of the recurrence of the charge?
So far, I have created a Product with the following combinations of Prices
Default Price | Purchase/Initial
Default Price | Recurring Charge
List Price | Purchase/Initial
List Price | Recurring Charge

I have not managed to place a recurring order with the Order | Order Entry route. However, the ecommerce store looks a little more promising. Looking at an Order under Order Items, I see a link called "Send me this every month". When I click on this link I can set up a "Shopping List Re-Order". This is where I get lost. I fill in the fields: recurrence, start and end dates, ship to and via and pay by. When I hit save, I see the screen refresh, but I dont know if anything has happened. The title bar of the "Shopping List Re-Order" section has a yellow button [OrderNotActive], I was wondering if this meant something?
Does the "Shopping List Re-Order" recurrency frequency have any relation to the Term Uom Id set in the Product | Price?

Any help would be appreciated, please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Michael.

Re: recurring charge setup

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
look at the shopping list.