Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com> on 2016/01/06 20:42:26 UTC

Re: How to Create new tools and New Toolbar for whiteboard

Dear OpenMeetings Developers,

We are seeking your guidance on two issues we are facing, in adding new
Tools to the existing Toolbar of whiteboard.

1.  Icon is not properly appearing as expected.
2.  Size of bounding box, which contains all the Tools, is not flexibly
adjusting itself to accommodate the new Tool icon square.

Here are the details:
----------------------
We  have added a new square view for a tool icon to existing Toolbar,
but we are facing two issues:
1. Its icon is not appearing properly, even though we have created a
thumbnail version of it using ImageMagick.  It has been placed in the
resources directory as a PNG file:
~/WebContent/src/modules/conference/whiteboard/panels/maintoolspanel/resources

This directory contains the icon for "submenu" of cliparts Tool, but not
the other icons like letter, paint, line_rsc, uline_rsc.
Where are those stored and how are they displayed.  Similar process we
would follow for this new Tool icon.

As advised to focus on this file mainToolsPanel.lzx, We have added our
Tool just before the Clipart tool, in class "horizontalMenuIconBar":

    <mainToolsPanelItem name="BTool" modi="BTool" labelid="2100" >

     <view x="$once{ parent.x_insetResource }" y="$once{
parent.x_insetResource }"
               height="18" width="18" stretches="both"
name="_bgBToolIcon"   >
       <view resource="BTool_rsc"
           x="$once{ parent.width - 10 }" y="$once{  parent.height - 10 }">
       </view>
     <handler name="onclick">
          // Action call for this Tool, which is working the way we
expect, after clicking on the square space of this Tool
          //  It is a call to an existing method of whiteboard, to
display an image on it.
     </handler>
    <labelTooltip labelid="2100" />
   </view>
  </mainToolsPanelItem>

The Tooltip is also displayed as expected.

2.  Where can we increase the size of the bounding box of the Toolbar,
as it is not automatically adjusting itself?  The clipart icon view is
getting pushed out of the Toolbar, towards the right, due to insertion
of the new Tool before it.  Is there a way to make the bounding box
self-adjusting ?

Sincerely,

Susheel Jalali

Coscend Communications Solutions

www.Coscend.com <http://www.coscend.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted
at:http://www.Coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Happy New Year :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: How to Create new tools and New Toolbar for whiteboard

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.