Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2009/05/28 23:22:34 UTC

How can I get this antisamy-esapi.xml error

I just got this error after updating OFBiz for the first time in 2-3 months:

---- exception report
Service invocation error
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Service [loadTests] target threw an unexpected exception (Service
[genAssessment] target threw an unexpected exception (Service
[createDataResource] Failed (Can't load antisamy-esapi.xml as a classloader
resource)))
---- cause
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Service [genAssessment] target threw an unexpected exception
(Service [createDataResource] Failed (Can't load antisamy-esapi.xml as a
classloader resource))
---- cause
Exception: org.ofbiz.service.GenericServiceException
Message: Service [createDataResource] Failed (Can't load antisamy-esapi.xml
as a classloader resource)
---- cause
Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Message: Can't load antisamy-esapi.xml as a classloader resource
---- stack trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't load antisamy-esapi.xml as a
classloader resource
org.owasp.esapi.reference.DefaultValidator.getValidSafeHTML(Unknown Source)
org.owasp.esapi.reference.DefaultValidator.getValidSafeHTML(Unknown Source)
org.ofbiz.base.util.StringUtil.checkStringForHtmlSafeOnly(StringUtil.java:580)
org.ofbiz.service.ModelService.validate(ModelService.java:563)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:374)

I am running this from a webapp that is not underneath ofbiz. I use
base/config/component-load.xml to include this app.

This is where my Java expertise fails me and I have some questions.

I had antisamy-esapi.xml implemented before and working. What sort of things
changed in the past 2-3 months that would affect it?

I see in ServiceDispatcher, that the modelService.validate value must be set
in order to run validation, yet I don't see where it is set for
createDataResource.

Why would antisamy-esapi.xml get loaded as a class resource in some places
(I am assuming that it is, and it is under "base") but not from this app
that is not under ofbiz? Could it be that antisamy-esapi.xml is not being
loaded into a jar?

Any insight would be appreciated.

-Al

Re: How can I get this antisamy-esapi.xml error

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Al,

If it has been 2-3 months since your last update, you'll need to run
clean-all and run-install. A lot has changed recently.

-Adrian

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.