Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by jas69 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/27 18:36:20 UTC

bypass ssh to upload files on HDFS

 Hi,

       Please suggest me a way out. My interest is to bypass ssh and upload
files from local filesystem to HDFS without the use of ssh service.

 Regards.

Re: bypass ssh to upload files on HDFS

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Hey,

You don't need SSH to have any component of Hadoop to function.

SSH is only used to start up the daemons.  You can start them up any
way you feel like; SSH is provided as one of the most convenient
methods to start the daemons in a semi-automatic manner.  We use have
set things up so Hadoop is launched automatically in an init script.

Brian

Posted by jas69 <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yossale <yo...@gmail.com>.