Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kundrot, Steven" <St...@parexel.com> on 2003/04/14 23:18:08 UTC

JkCoyoteHandler, JK2 and request.getHeader("User-Agent")

Ran into a problem with the new Jk handler class.

I have the following connector setup:

             acceptCount="10"
             address="<MY_ADDRESS>"
             connectionTimeout="60000"
             debug="0"
             enableLookups="true"
             maxProcessors="75"
             minProcessors="5"
             port="<MY_PORT>"
             protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
             redirectPort="8443"
             useURIValidationHack="false"/>

Everything was working well with Apache 2.0.44 (Linux 7.2) on the front end
and v2.0.1 of the JK2 connector.  However, we ran into problems when calling
request.getHeader("User-Agent") within a servlet.  Instead of receiving a
"User-Agent" string, we received random bits of HTML.  Has anyone else seen
this problem?  Why is the request that the Coyote connector creates not
handling the headers correctly?

Our current work around is to use the slightly older Ajp13 connector class:

             acceptCount="10"
             address="<MY_ADDRESS>"
             connectionTimeout="60000"
             enableLookups="true"
             port="<MY_PORT>"
             minProcessors="5"
             maxProcessors="75"
             debug="0"/>

Have others seen this problem?  Has a bug been logged?

Thanks,
Steve

Steven Kundrot

RE: JkCoyoteHandler, JK2 and request.getHeader("User-Agent")

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Ran into a problem with the new Jk handler class.

You didn't indicate which version.  I am using mod_jk2 from tomcat-connectors-4.1.24, and request.getHeader("User-Agent") works just fine.

	--- Noel