Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Pearsall, Kyle" <Ky...@cis.canon.com> on 2000/09/26 18:24:24 UTC

Tomcat/Apache on Windows 2000 Server

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting Apache to work with Tomcat on Windows 2000
Server.  I have followed the documentation in the Minimalistic User's Guide.
I edited the tomcat.conf to include the correct directory under context
mapping, but I still can't get my directory to map correctly.  It works with
the 8080 port, but not when I just type in the hostname followed by the
mapped directory.  I have gotten Tomcat to work with Apache on RedHat.  The
last thing I tried on the 2000 machine was to copy the text over from Redhat
to 2000 (changing the text as needed for the new environment), and it still
doesn't work.  Do the configuration values below have to be different for
Unix/Windows 2000?  Or do I need to start trying other things?

This is what I tried putting onto both computers (different hostnames and
directories of course), Redhat, and Windows 2000 Server:

############################## Context mapping - all requests go to tomcat

ApJServMount /examples /root

ApJServMount /newdirectory ajpv12://hostname/root

############################## Context mapping - you need to "deploy"

Thanks,

Kyle P