Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2008/10/31 03:56:43 UTC

PDF sent from Linux has poor resolution

RedHat Linux
Java 1.4 / 1.5
FOP 0.95

The Linux spooler (using CUPS) sends the PDF file to the printer.  The
gray scale section of the printed page is fuzzy, grainny and
unacceptable.  However, if I print the same PDF to the same printer via
Windows, the printed document is perfect.

Can anyone suggest a way to generate the perfect printed document from
Linux?   Am I missing an option?

Jeff

Re: PDF sent from Linux has poor resolution

Posted by Philipp Wagner <li...@philipp-wagner.com>.
Steffanina, Jeff schrieb:
> RedHat Linux
> Java 1.4 / 1.5
> FOP 0.95
>
> The Linux spooler (using CUPS) sends the PDF file to the printer.  The
> gray scale section of the printed page is fuzzy, grainny and
> unacceptable.  However, if I print the same PDF to the same printer via
> Windows, the printed document is perfect.
>
> Can anyone suggest a way to generate the perfect printed document from
> Linux?   Am I missing an option?

If you are not using the same postscript driver, I'd guess that the
problem is here. Also, check settings like the printer resolution in CUPS.

Philipp