Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stelios Philippou <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/11 14:12:04 UTC

Print on the same line.

I running a long application on an X session that i do not view it as it
runs headless.

I just see the command line that i am using in order to help me debug.

Since there are a lot of steps in the  program that i am performing i want
it to show some sort of progress bar.

I have managed to make this work if i run the program with out maven.
When i try to do it with mvn the out.print command will not show me anything
until i actually print a new line.

This is killing me as my screen will end up filling with a lot of junk as i
want to keep a progress bar that the system is actually running and not have
crushed.

I just want to know how i will be able to do the normal
out.print and display it with out having to use println.

I hope it is clear what i am asking.

--sTelios

Re: Print on the same line.

Posted by Stelios Philippou <st...@gmail.com>.
i have tried flush it had no effect.
If i remember correctly .err didnt display anything when used. but ill check
again tommorow.

Franklin P. Jones  - "All women should know how to take care of children.
Most of them will have a husband some day."

Re: Print on the same line.

Posted by Matthias Grunwalde <mg...@googlemail.com>.

--
Matthias Grünwalde