Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Abraham Washington <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/08 22:31:24 UTC

das/hibernate service design question

hi all..
  if this is not an appropriate question for this forum, my apologies (just disregard).   i tried using das for my persistence layer.  i need a mechanism to persist information to multiple schemas and i'm already using sca, so das seems like a logic choice.  unfortunately i couldn't get it to work (i created a jira issue, but it could be user error).
 so, i decided to try hibernate to persist.  since this is a service, i create a new session for each request, passing in the schema information to the service operation.  opening and closing the connection/session for each request.  works fine (from my local testing).  i don't think a connection pool would be beneficial, since the service is not maining a connection (just persist and done, ie..a service operation).
  i'm wondering if there are other options that would be better with sca, since that's our preferred architecture?
thx abe

Re: das/hibernate service design question

Posted by Jean Madson <je...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Abraham,

I think if you want to follow the SCA approach, it's strong recomended that
you make use of DAS with SDO.  Running out of DAS/SDO, besides Hibernate
that you has mentioned, there are a lot of persistence frameworks that could
be used
to the job.  But I think that all of these frameworks are out of the
SCA/SDO/DAS scope.

--
Jean Madson
http://bit-zen.blogspot.com/