Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Carpels Pascal <Pa...@sycron-it.com> on 2004/08/18 15:34:37 UTC

Datagrid

Hi all,

In our web application we use the contrib:table a lot and with success.
But currently we need something like a grid (a datagrid like in .Net) ,
in which we can put a checkbox component (see below)

--------------------
|  Prod.ID  | Prod.Name | IsInStock  | Automatic sent an Order  |
-------------------|

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------|
|     2        | product 2   |  checkbox | checkbox

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
|              |                  |                 |

----------------
| Update   |
----------------

The grid should be linked with a recordset, and once the user choose to
update we must update the products.

Does such a component already exists ?
If no, can I become the same result with the contrib:table component ?
Any example would be welcome(:-

Best regards,
Pascal.

Re: Datagrid

Posted by Sebastian Zaffarano <sz...@afip.gov.ar>.
for put a checkbox (or any tap component) inside a table field, you must
use the SimpleTableColumn class:

        column = new SimpleTableColumn("TITLE");
        column.setValueRendererSource(new BlockTableRendererSource(
                new ComponentAddress(getComponent("BLOCK_NAME"))));

where "BLOCK_NAME" is a tapestry block where you put the component(s)
you want to render in the table column, bye example:

	<input jwcid="@Checkbox" type="check"/>

then, when you declare the contrib:Table component, you must add
"column" to the TableColumnModel

regards
Sebastian