Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Stig Rohde Døssing <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/15 11:15:47 UTC

Is the powered-by file in the Storm repository necessary?

Hi,

We have a powered-by.md file in the Storm repository's /docs directory.
There's also a powered-by file in the storm-site repo root, as well as in
each release directory.

The storm-site root powered-by is the one linked to by the Storm site, and
I don't believe it's being updated based on the Storm repo powered-by. The
Storm repo powered-by ends up in the release-specific documentation
instead, e.g.
https://storm.apache.org/releases/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/Powered-By.html.

I think we might as well treat Powered-By.md the same as the
getting-help.md file, which seems to only be present in the storm-site
repo. I'd like to delete powered-by from the Storm repo, so we only have
the one in the storm-site root.

Any opinions?

Re: Is the powered-by file in the Storm repository necessary?