Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/05/14 14:54:24 UTC

[TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

I have an action that takes a few seconds to complete.  I would like the
user to see something link "Page loading..." while the action is
processing.  The action loads a List from a series of database queries
and the page simply displays the list in a table.  Looking at the
examples, it appears that <tr:statusIndicator"> is part of the answer.

My question is how should I do this?

Paul Spencer

Re: AW: [TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Markus,

 > If no PPR is involved, it gets a bit tricky. You could use a
 > JavaScript to display some hidden image when the button is clicked.
 > When page loading is done, it should always be invisible.

Can you expand on this?

Paul Spencer

Re: AW: AW: AW: [TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

Posted by Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de>.
Hi,

Markus Döring wrote:

> Maybe
> onsubmit="document.getElementById('busyIconIndicator').style.display='inline'">
>
> works?

Ok, this seems to work:

function showStatusBusy() {
    document.getElementById("statusIndicator::busy").style.display="inline";
    document.getElementById("statusIndicator::ready").style.display="none";
}

      <f:facet name="busy">
      </f:facet>
      <f:facet name="ready">
      </f:facet>

But isn't there a solution whith (trinidad) javascript, where i can get the
information, that a request will be send? I could avoid the onload within
the form component then.

best regards
Daniel

AW: AW: AW: [TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

Posted by Döring Markus <Ma...@tcc-products.de>.
Maybe

works?

Posted by Daniel Niklas <co...@dniklas.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Döring Markus <Ma...@tcc-products.de>.
I was thinking of something like this:

		<f:actionListener ... />

Not tested it so don't know if this will work just like this, but it's a starting point.

Regards
Markus Döring

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Markus,

Re: [TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

Posted by Pedro Calcao <pc...@opensoft.pt>.
Hi,

If all you want is to show the text while the page is processing PPR, you
just need to define the "busy" facet of the tr:statusIndicator component. If
any of the facets is defined, none of the default icons will be displayed.

You can use a tr:outputText or something more complex inside the facet,
depends on what you want to show.

Best regards,
Pedro

--
Os melhores cumprimentos,

Pedro Calção

AW: [TRINIDAD] How to display "Page loading..." while page is loading?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul!

In my facesgoodies I show a similar "loading..." DIV when a user gets
deleted. (http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies/)

On http://slideshare.net/mwessendorf you can find my ajax world
slides. There is the same example using Trinidad's Javascript api.

-M

Sent from my iPod.