Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com> on 2016/10/04 16:32:30 UTC

Re: when taking backups using snapshot if the sstable gets compacted will nodetool snapshot hung ??

Hi James!
Hai we are taking backups using nodetool snapshots but i occasionally see that my script pauses  while taking a snapshot of a CF, is this because when it is taking snapshot does the sstables got compacted to a different one  so it couldn't find that particular sstable on which it is taking snapshot so it pauses at that particular CF ??

Creating snapshot doesn't involve any heavy disk operation, just creating of hard link.
Do you have Java JNA installed and enabled? You should see line like INFO  16:30:42 JNA mlockall successful in C* log file.

Which platform do you use?

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,
Winguzone Inc - Hosted Cloud Cassandra on Azure and SoftLayer.
Launch your cluster in minutes.