Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de> on 2011/12/05 10:23:33 UTC

Re: Exception Report must not contain a form

On 30.11.2011 15:55, I wrote:

> However, now the ExceptionReport page itself throws an exception when
> the orginal exception occurs on a page which already has a form:

Does anybody have an idea why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Regards
 Stephan

Re: Exception Report must not contain a form

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de>.
On 06.12.2011 13:09, Muhammad Gelbana wrote:

> What version of tapestry is that ?
> Would you kindly state tapestry's version in the subject ? :)

I'm sorry. The Tapestry version here is 5.2.6.

Regards
 Stephan

Re: Exception Report must not contain a form

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
What version of tapestry is that ?
Would you kindly state tapestry's version in the subject ? :)

Thanks.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Alejandro Scandroli <
alejandroscandroli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen this "Form components may not be placed inside other Form
> components."  error way too many times.
> The problem is that your ExceptionReport page has a form that is
> trying to add a new FormSupport to the environment but there is one
> already there.
> The FormSupport that is already on the environment is from the form
> that failed and threw exception.
>
> If you can't avoid having a form in your ExceptionReport page you can
> try adding a fail safe to revert back to Tapestry's default
> ExceptionReport when there is an exception in the exception page.
>
> I've just filed JIRA issue
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TYNAMO-107) to fix this in Tynamo's
> tapestry-exceptionpage.
> The patch is just around the corner.
>
> Cheers.
> Alejandro.
>

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Stephan Windmüller
> <st...@tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
> > On 30.11.2011 15:55, I wrote:
> >
> >> However, now the ExceptionReport page itself throws an exception when
> >> the orginal exception occurs on a page which already has a form:
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea why this is happening or how I can fix it?
> >
> > Regards
> >  Stephan

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

Re: Exception Report must not contain a form

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de>.
On 06.12.2011 00:20, Alejandro Scandroli wrote:

> I have seen this "Form components may not be placed inside other Form
> components."  error way too many times.
> The problem is that your ExceptionReport page has a form that is
> trying to add a new FormSupport to the environment but there is one
> already there.
> The FormSupport that is already on the environment is from the form
> that failed and threw exception.

Thanks for the tip, I solved it for now with this code in the
ExceptionReport page:

| void setupRender() {
|   if (environment.peek(FormSupport.class) != null) {
|     environment.pop(FormSupport.class);
|   }
| }

- Stephan

Re: Exception Report must not contain a form

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.