Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Domenico Piol <do...@infometis.ch> on 2002/02/11 10:13:36 UTC

tomcat 4 + apache 1.3 + WarpConnection

hi
i'm trying to get my tomcat installation work together with apache 1.3...
without success. tomcat works fine as standalone, but with WarpConnection
i get an error:

*** error ****************************************************************
2002-02-11 08:51:53 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection]
Exception on socket
java.io.IOException: Premature packet header end
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.recv(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle
(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

2002-02-11 08:51:54 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector]
Connection from localhost/127.0.0.1:2394 to localhost/127.0.0.1:8008
2002-02-11 08:51:54
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
mappings (2)
2002-02-11 08:51:54
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Filter
mappings (0)

i don't use a virtual host in my apache config, is that the problem ? my
configs look as follwows:

*** server.xml ***********************************************************
<!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="false" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -
->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="arakis" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->

    </Engine>

  </Service>

*** httpd.conf ***********************************************************
ServerName arakis.local
LoadModule webapp_module      /usr/lib/apache/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs"

### NOT in a virtual host ####
WebAppConnection        conn            warp    localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy            webdav          conn    /webdav
WebAppDeploy            examples        conn    /examples

WebAppInfo      /webapp-info

tomcat runs as user wwwrun, as well as apache.

i'm thankfull for any hint...

domenico
domenico piol                                  infometis ag
eidg. dipl.                                    zuerich
wirtschaftsinformatiker                        switzerland

email: domenico.piol@infometis.ch
www:   http://www.infometis.ch/users/dpiol/

Re: tomcat 4 + apache 1.3 + WarpConnection

Posted by Domenico Piol <do...@infometis.ch>.
didn't help, same error. thanks anyway...

by the way, apache runs on port 80, 8008 is only the WarpConnector

domenico

Posted by Julien OIX <ju...@presidence.univ-nantes.fr>.